Getting Results For Injury Victims Since 1980
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accident
- Auto/Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Trip and Falls
- Dog Bites
- Construction Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
ROBERT MARX: HAWAII PERSONAL INJURY AND AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEY ON THE BIG ISLAND
The last thing anyone wants is to be reduced to a number on some law firm’s client list. Everyone wants to feel that careful attention is being paid to his or her individual case. Robert Marx understands his personal injury clients' needs and, as their trusted attorney, endeavors to satisfy them. On the Big Island of Hawaii, cases could range from an auto accident that requires the attention of an attorney to a major medical malpractice suit. Both are treated with equal regard at The Law Office of Robert Marx, where we believe that how you play the game is just as important as winning.
ROBERT MARX, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY – BACKGROUND INFORMATION
A fixture in Big Island legal circles for more than 42 years, Robert Marx has helped countless personal injury victims over the course of his career. Robert’s family came to Hawaii in 1921. In fact, some of his older clients still remember his grandparents, Bascilio and Maxima Belin. This good-humored and hard-working immigrant family put down Hawaii roots in Kalihi.
Two generations later, Robert graduated from Oregon State University in 1971 with a bachelor’s degree in political science. Before receiving his Doctor of Jurisprudence at Lewis and Clark College in 1979, Robert Marx served three terms as an elected member of the Oregon House of Representatives. While in office, he was responsible for supporting and passing important legislation in the area of nursing home care. In 1977, he was voted Senior Citizen Advocate of the Year by the American Association of Retired People’s and Retired Educator’s Legislative Committee. The following year, he served as an appointed member of the Governor’s Commission on Aging.
Robert began practicing law in Hilo in 1980. He now has an office in Hilo, catering to people from every part of the Big Island. For over two decades, Robert and his talented staff have fought to help residents of Hawaii in the settlement and advocacy of auto accident, medical malpractice and personal injury claims. Attorney Robert Marx has steadfastly served the Big Island, devoting his entire career to the place he is proud to call home.
If you live in Hawaii and have been involved in an auto accident or other personal injury situation, contact attorney Robert Marx to schedule a consultation at one of our Big Island offices.
HONORS FOR ROBERT MARX, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
Voted "America's Top 50 Lawyers" for personal injury in Hawaii 2022
Voted "Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney in Hawaii" 2020 & 2021
Voted “Best Attorney” in East Hawaii by Hawaii Tribune-Herald Readers in 2002, 2004 and 2005
Voted “Best Law Office” in East Hawaii in 2004 and 2005, and “Best Law Office” on the Big Island in 2002
Member of the American Association for Justice
Member of Hawaii Association for Justice
Record $6,000,000 settlement for wrongful death in 2015
Lead Counsel in $5,630,000 Record Auto Accident Verdict in 2005.
Juror Consultant in $16,952,000 Record Product Liability Verdict in 2005
Co-counsel Juror Consultant $5.6 Million Medical Malpractice Verdict 2006
Our experienced legal team is dedicated to helping you understand and protect your rights. To speak with Hawaii auto accident and personal injury attorney Robert Marx about your claim, please contact our Big Island firm today.
- Lewis and Clark College Northwestern School of Law, Portland, Oregon
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1979
- Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1971
- Honors: Upper 10% of Class
- Major: Political Science
- Hawaii, 1980
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1980
- Best Attorney, East Hawaii by Hawaii Tribune-Herald Readers
- “Best Law Office” in East Hawaii
- “Best Law Office” on the Big Island, 2002
- Best Attorney, East Hawaii by Hawaii Tribune-Herald Readers, 2002
- Star and Lamp Key
- Senior Advocate of the Year
- Outstanding Young Men of America
- Senior Citizen Advocate of the Year by the American Association of Retired People’s and Retired Educator’s Legislative Committee
- Voted "America's Top 50 Lawyers" for personal injury in Hawaii 2022
- Voted "Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney in Hawaii"
- American Bar Association, Member, 1983 to 1991
- Hawaii Bar Association, Member, 1980 to 1991
- Association of Plaintiff Lawyers of Hawaii, Member
- Association of Plaintiff Lawyers of Hawaii, 1989
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Consumer Lawyers of Hawaii, Member
- Hawaii Association for Justice, Member